After the recent outage at rebol.org and the subsequent postiing of the script library on github, I downloaded my own personal copy of the library out of fear of another disruption. I have that copy tucked away on my computer, but I also put it on my little web site in case such a backup would be useful to others. If that was improper in any way I would be happy to delete it, and would not be offended. The location is here: http://cobolrebol.com/pages/RebolOrgscripts/RebolOrgScript-index.html
Red release 0.6.3 is ready. Support of macOS. Next best in this release must be the test backend allowing automated testing of GUI!
Minor changes: - Simplified code now that Red 0.6.3 supports date! and delete - All test cases (200) now work with both R3 and Red 0.6.3 - Basic documentation available at http://www.dobeash.com/files/munge3.html
Minor changes: - Refactor to work with Rebol2 and Ren-C - All test cases (200+) now work with R2, R3, Ren-C and Red - Windows-specific features disabled on non-windows platforms - Updated http://www.dobeash.com/files/munge3.html to cover Excel, SQLCMD, SQLite, PDF dependencies
Implements a (largely) HTML5 compliant markup parser in Red and Ren-C and LOAD-MARKUP function using said parser. This is an experimental hybrid script and uses Red macros in a way that might conflict with other Red code--use with caution.
LOAD-MARKUP returns a block akin to Rebol 2's LOAD/MARKUP except that attributes are contained in a MAP! following the associated tag and self-closing tags are indicated by a </> closing tag following the tag or attributes (if present).
To do: tree-based model and DOM (likely similar to AltXML). Some work to be done here--the HTML5 rules for tree-building are labyrinthine.
I've added the tree constructor per the HTML5 spec and added a few more standard error codes (with source positions). There's a few kinks--while table nesting seems to be working and for the most part misnested formatting is resolved properly, there are still failures on the odd test or two*.
It's all still a bit slow for my liking--the parser is set up near exactly the way the spec suggests which in no way works to Rebol's (or Red's) parsing strength--pretty sure that's ripe for optimization**. Also still not sure about my choice of linked lists for trees either--there's a real gain in fidelity (good for editing when the time comes), but I'm not convinced there's not an insurmountable hit on navigation speed***.
Am still working in a Red/Ren-C compatible way (has it's challenges but is great for rooting out bugs!). In Red you can just DO the raw github url. In Ren-C, you can: import <markup>
LOAD-HTML will return a document node from a given string, MARKUP-AS-BLOCK will convert that into a more familiar block hierarchy. If you get an actual Rebol/Red error, let me know--shouldn't happen.
*I feel as if I've read the 'Adoption Agency' algorithm 30 times over and still don't understand how it's supposed to work **my only reservation here is while it does slow things down, it would work well with an incremental byte stream, say from a network source, where that might not be as noticeable ***if anyone has any thoughts on the efficacy of linked lists, would be interested to hear--have two versions: one with maps (no key/value clashes) and one with blocks (does seem faster)
AltJSON v0.3.6.1 for Red
JSON decoder/encoder for Red--features copied from Rebol 2 version.
- Converts object (map) keys to words where compatible, strings otherwise - Decodes large integers as issues (for e.g. Twitter IDs) - Encodes dates as RFC3339 - Support for surrogate pairs (decoding/encoding characters higher than the BMP as ascii) - 'Flat' mode for parsing, duplicate keys - Contracts Flickr's '_content' objects
Located and rebuilt the articles from Rebol Forces. For historical and informational reasons mainly.
Lately at work I have had to do much dissecting and assembling of spreadsheets, as well as cleaning up things accumulated over the years. Learning from previous experience, any time I find any code that could possibly by used in the future, I try to encapsulate it into a module or function. Then I produce a version sanitized of any employer-specific data and put it on a little web site in case it might be of use to others. With today's batch of uploads, I have hit the small milestone of 100 little programs. Most are extremely simple, and extremely specialized. It is sort of like the rebol-dot-org script library but much simpler, maybe more useful to beginners. It does show, like Nick's tutorials show, the value of being able to program one's own computer. The scripts are in the "free stuff" area of http://cobolrebol.com/
It's a QT app which runs a QTextEdit widget as a console and links to the Rebol evaluator, and the C++ API. You can setup watch points to see changes in values in your code for debugging purposes. So, you could run this when debugging your r3/ren-c code.