AltME: Red Docs
Thursday 16th October, 2014
Yes. They cover a lot of important things in their design. Full doc archive as well.
I would not archive Doc yet, he still needs to finish Red :-)
I think of it more like cloning and updating. Keep the old Doc around. Just another branch. :-)
Is their docs generating tool available somewhere?
TOC syncing is broken for me
Do you have JS disabled?
No, then it wouldn't work at all
I don't know Doc. I'll find out when I can. Being the commercial branch of CouchDB, they may not make everything available.
What browser Kaj?
Gregg, no problem, anyway, this is something we can generate ourselves and copy the good-looking parts from it.
First time here, FF28, didn't sync. Then I opened the TOC one level and it started working.
I think the clojure ref model and the couchbase manual model are fairly compatible as well.
Friday 16th January, 2015
So, in a nutshell:
- github for hosting the docs (in a red/documentation repo)
- markdown for the initial format (with eventually some additions)
- Nim's documentation layout and style
For the content itself, we need:
1) a user manual (with the same level as the Rebol/Core Manual)
2) a dictionary of the words
3) some tutorials
(1) is the biggest and most important part.
Saturday 24th January, 2015
4) a language reference
You mean a language specification document?
Yes. Everything that is not covered by the dictionary.
Last message posted 99 weeks ago.