That's funny. I tried to download and run the Windows version of their REBOL, 32-bit and 64-bit, to try on my Windows 7 computer, and I got a message about it not being compatible with my computer. I was going to try a different download option to see if it was a corruption issue.
Bo, what's happening with the Saphirion R3-GUI version? Does it crash?
Not wanting necessarily to steal the thunder, but maybe, GUI wise, it is a time to start looking into the Red option ....
Robert: It seems to not be compatible with the Atronix R3-GUI, because my program runs fine when 'load-gui works. With Saphirion's, my program errors out with:
** Script error: / does not allow none! for its value2 argument ** Where: do resize-panel actor all foreach do-actor either -apply- apply case view do either either either -apply- ** Near: do bind bind/copy [ size: viewport-box/bottom-right ...
Sorry guys. We deployed a new website on Friday and a few files did not get transferred over. We'll have this fixed soon.
ddharing, wouldn't it be best to use something like 'load-thru for something as critically important as r3-gui.r3 ?
I was thinking about something similar as well. A small checksum file could be placed on the Atronix site along with r3-gui.r3, and 'load-gui on the client could compare the checksum of the local copy of r3-gui.r3 against the one on the site. If it was different, then it could download the new copy.
That's a good suggestion. I'll pass it along to Shixin.
Do you know when 'load-gui will be working again?
It should have already been fixed. Sorry. It will be working tomorrow even if I have to do it myself.
Bo, we have a temporary workaround for the load-gui issue ahead of a more permanent fix.
To give you a little background, we migrated our main website to Squarespace which doesn't allow direct access to the directory. This means that we can't host individual files from Squarespace. The only workaround for this is to create a URL mapping in Squarespace to point to our old 1&1 server. Unfortunately, Rebol3's HTTP protocol does not support redirects. So, because of a combination of Squarespace and Rebol3 limitations, we don't have a clean solution.
We are in the process of creating a new sub domain (rebol.atronixengineering.com) and will release new builds of Rebol which will point there. Additionally, we plan to make the download optional -- if there is no local file.
OK. That seems to work. But I wonder if something changed. My script that used to work is now giving me the following error:
REBOL Host Failure: Parent window can't be found
That is strange. I just looked at the source for load-gui. I don't see how that could be happening.